Consulate General in New York, U.S.A.
The Consulate General of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago in New York first opened its doors in November 1970 and has functioned continuously since that year.
The Consulate General is currently located at 125 Maiden Lane, 4th Floor, New York, NY 10038 and is open Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm for Immigration and Administrative Services. The Consulate General is closed on certain Trinidad and Tobago and USA holidays, please check the list of holidays on this page.
The Consulate General in New York exercises consular jurisdiction in the following states of the eastern seaboard of the United States of America - Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and Vermont. All of the other US states are covered by our Embassy in Washington, D.C. and the Consulate General in Miami.
The primary role and function of this office is manage consular relations between Trinidad and Tobago and the US states to which the Consulate General is accredited to. This includes, inter alia:
- Providing services to citizens of Trinidad and Tobago resident in the area of its jurisdiction.
- Providing services and information to non-citizens interested in visiting, studying, working, doing business or investing in Trinidad and Tobago.
- Promoting the interests of Trinidad and Tobago, including culture, tourism, commerce, education and trade and investment, and developing mutually beneficial relationships in these and other strategic areas.
- Engaging the Trinidad and Tobago diaspora.
The Consulate General liaises with the Ministry of Foreign and CARICOM Affairs, other Government Departments, public and private sector institutions and entities in Trinidad and Tobago and New York City and State officials, public and private sector organisations and diaspora groups to execute its functions.
The Consulate's General clientele includes citizens of Trinidad and Tobago resident in its area of jurisdiction but also travelers from Trinidad and Tobago, foreign citizens seeking interaction with Trinidad and Tobago, American individuals and corporate entities as well as New York City, State and other government officials.
The Consulate General is supported by a team of staff from Trinidad and Tobago and from New York City and the environs.
Forms and Information
Vacancies at the Permanent Mission to the U.N. in New York, U.S.A.
There are no vacancies at this time.
The Consul General
Previous Consul General include:
- Dr. Rudrawatee Nan Ramgoolam 2011 - 2015
- Dr. Harold Robertson 2004 - 2010
- Mr. Terrence Walker 1998 - 2004
- Mr. George McKenzie 1995 - 1998
- Mr. Learie Rousseau 1990 - 1995
- Mr. Babooram Rambissoon 1982 - 1990
- Ms. Shastri Ali 1981 - 1982
- Mr. Muhmad S. Dean Aziz 1978 - 1980
- Mr. Joseph Cooper 1974 - 1978
- Mr. Cecil Alleyne 1973 - 1974
- Mr. Wilfred S. Naimool 1970 - 1973
Please be advised that this is the official website for the Consulate General of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago in New York.
Consulate General of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago, New York
Ms. Kiva Clarke, Acting Consul General
Address: 125 Maiden Lane, 4th Floor
New York, N.Y. 10038
Country: United States
Hours of operation:
8:00am-2:00pm - Immigration Services
8:00am-2:00pm - Administrative Services
8:00am-4:00pm - Telephone Queries